Thursday, September 29, 2016

Verbal Landscapes




Nature can impact every one's lives in many different ways. It can make you feel a variety of emotion and feeling in general. For me personally, nature makes me feel at peace. Nature makes me feel free and relieves my stress. I love to go outside everyday and sit in my big mango tree in my backyard and just think. Sometimes I even have friends come over and sit in the tree with me. Most days though, I love to just sit in my tree and do my homework. I feel relaxed and at peace, there's no other place I would rather do my homework. When I'm done I usually ask one of my friends if they wanted to join me. When they would come over we would sometimes take pictures, eat food, do some homework, just anything really. This big mango tree really impacts my life because, It's been growing ever since my family moved to Anahola. I have always climbed the tree and just sit in it. This tree is one of my happiest places ever and I love it. 

Although time lapses and slow-mos are beautiful, they are sometimes pretty difficult to take. Time lapses are more on the easier side though. For a time lapse, there is going to be 2 parts sky and 1 part ground. The camera has to also be stable enough during the time lapse so, when you edit the video it won't be too shaky. For a slow-mo you want to be really close to what you are filming. You also have to make sure that you don't move too much in your slow-mo or the outcome won't really be that high quality shot you're looking for. Overall, for a time lapse make sure your shots aren't too shaky and your horizon line straight. If it isn't very straight, then I suggest you fix the horizon line before you start to film your time lapse. For a slow-mo get up close and try and also make an environmental tripod.

There were many bumps along the way of creating my time lapses and slow-mos. There was also a problem that I had along the way with my poem. At first, I had absolutely no idea what to write about. There were so much ideas running through my mind but somehow I didn't have one for my poem. So, when I went home I read some nature poems and bounced off some ideas. I ended up writing a free verse poem with the 5 senses. Next, was to get my time lapses and my slow-mos. You see, these were difficult because, you had to think of a place and what you're going to do. I thought this part was the hardest because, I had to film the sunset at Hanalei for my final time lapse. The difficult part about this is, a lot of people go to Hanalei to jump off the pier so, it's basically a huge tourist attraction and everyone goes there. Instead of going all the way to the pier I stayed on shore and filmed my time lapse there. Then, cars were passing people were passing, it wasn't what I wanted in my time lapse. So, to solve that problem I angled the camera up and filmed the sky. I may have not gotten the whole beach but, I got a beautiful Hanalei sunset. Even though there was bumps along the way, my favorite part was filming my slo-mos and timlapses.

Critique Reflections: I agree with the results 100%. The only one I honestly don't understand is the 2 but, maybe it's because 2 of my shots were shaky. I think some people might have given me a 4 because of my scenery, or maybe it was just a good poem, or it's just good overall. I think I could've stabled some of my shots a little more and maybe have read slower. Also, I think I should've made the music a bit louder but still quieter than my natural sound. Overall, I think I did a very good job with my ReTime Nature video and I will do the highest quality possible on my next video project.


No comments:

Post a Comment