Friday, September 4, 2015

Motivational Poster

In Gifted and Talented or GT, we are working on a Motivational Poster. I had some challenges and, easy parts too. The first thing we had to do was make a text layer. The first text layer was my quotes. The second, my manifesto. After setting up the layers came the kinda fun part. Kerning. Now, kerning is to practically change the sizes, shapes and, font of the word or sentence. After that long period time of kerning I was finished I was very proud of myself. Once I finished, I needed to add my pictures. I was absent so I couldn't add color to my words or pictures. That was pretty much it :)


Now comes the hard part... telling you how I did it. The way I did my Motivational Poster was trying to do things the easiest way possible. But no. I followed everything I was suppose to do. It turned out amazing. First off, I made a Photoshop document under my name in the finder. After finishing that, I opened up my Photoshop document and made the first layer. My quotes. When I finally finished trying to figure out how to work the TYPE tool, I started typing my quotes. Then, I copied and pasted my manifesto into the document. All I needed to do next was kerning. Let me just tell you now, it took me a long time to kern. Plus I was absent and went home sick the same week. Well, after the kerning, I added pictures. My portrait and #gtsym 1,2 and,3. I had to then drag them into my Photoshop. Figure out how they would fit and BAM! The pictures was finally arranged good! After adding my pictures I, combined my pictures and my words and they.Were. AMAZING! I was really surprised by what I did, I'm not kidding. Let me just tell you this... BELIEVE AND YOU CAN ACHIEVE!


The biggest challenge was probably kerning. I thought that kerning was the biggest challenge because, you have to figure out how all of your words are going to fit on one page. You either had to make it bigger, smaller, wider, skinnier and so on. When I finished with kerning, I felt like something was missing. I needed to change the FONT. Once I've done all of that I was finished. (I missed two days of GT so basically I didn't add color to it.) That's it from me! For now... ;)

                                                        












No comments:

Post a Comment