Monday, May 23, 2016

Music Video Finale

P2T1 Dangerous Woman from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.

Okay, this is the last blog post of my 6th grade school year. One of my favorite things to do is listen to music. In GT we have a chance to make a music video with a song of our choice. In my team is Isaac, Raja, Coral and, me. The song we chose to do is Dangerous Woman by Arianna Grande. It's one of my favorite songs to listen to so I was obviously excited about this project. So, the lyrics in the first part is "Oh, yeah don't need permission made my decision to test my limits cause it's my business, God as my witness" Our storyline for this part is a business scene. It's suppose to match up with the part "Cause it's my business, God as my witness." Obviously because it says business in it :). Since the title is Dangerous Woman, we decided to pretend that Raja and Coral both go crazy but in a good way. It was suppose to show that they are independent and do what they want to do. The only thing I do not advise doing is throwing papers around at your job.


My favorite fast-edit montage is probably the part when Isaac is lip-syncing. It started out as Isaac just lip-syncing to the song but we wanted to put some humor in it. So, instead of making Isaac 'disagree' with the girls, we just put him in a wig! The first wig was pink and black for his first lip-sync. For the second time he lip-syncs we put him in a bright pink wig wit a cute little hat on top. I think we did a pretty good job with putting him in a wig, it was also for humor but, also because it made our music video more interesting. For an example it added more surprise to it. You'd never expect to see Isaac in a wig for our project. To be honest though, Isaac didn't want to wear the wig but we said it was for GT purposes. After a long time of convincing, he complied and agreed to put the wig on. So, that's how we got him to wear a wig and it's my favorite fast-edit montage because, it has some great humor in it. We also made him do a hair flip. :)
This music video showcases my best work because, of all the edits I had to do. I finally learned how to pad correctly and, make sure all of the shots make sense. It shows what I'm capable of doing in iMovie. To be honest, it was kinda hard in the beginning of the year to work with iMovie because, I haven't worked with it before. Doing this music video, it was my chance to show that can do better than last year. That I know what I'm doing and, how I'm doing it. The best part of making this music video was being able to work with an amazing group. We have had our disagreements and arguments but, we have worked through it and was able to make an awesome vid for GT. Our music video also shows how well we worked together. Dubey ( Isaac ) was hesitant about putting on a wig but, for the team's sake he put it on. I had a blast in GT this whole year and I also had some tough times but, I know I always had my friends there with me.





No comments:

Post a Comment