Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design



This game is where two ghouls are chasing Nano. I made this game from the experience I had from playing so much games when I was younger. I started to play games when I was around 5 years old. My brother taught me how to play this one game on his Gameboy. I eventually got better at playing it and I grew up playing video games since. This chase game was based off of this one game when I was around 8. I had experience from playing that game and used for my own. I tried to make one ghoul chase Nano from the beginning then  the other one come out of the corner. This was based off of the game I played when I was younger. It was my favorite game so I thought I should base my game off of this one.

So my first game I made was a Chase game. It was pretty easy because, all I had to do was make the Nano move, respond to the Ghouls and deduct points if they came in contact. The Ghouls was pretty easy too, I basically just made them chase Nano and if the points reached 10 they would teleport to a specific place. The background fit the scene that was happening. Nano was being chased by Ghouls in a dark forest then, when 10 points came around it switched to a happy scene. My second game was a Platformer game. I have to admit it was kind of difficult because, trying to make the unicorn jump took a lot of code. The gravity engine to make the unicorn fall when it didn't touch the platforms was hard. The reason why is because, just taking out at least one block of code could ruin the whole concept of the game. I made that mistake by taking out the block "forever". So, the unicorn only jumped once. The background honestly didn't match what the scene was. A unicorn trying to obtain a blue orb in front of some bushes and a blue sky. Not that exciting. 


My most difficult code as probably the unicorn's code. The reason is because, I had to put a gravity engine, make my unicorn jump and, whenever I tried to make it change to level 2 it never worked. Whenever the unicorn got the first orb, it would switch to the next background then switch back. Another reason why my unicorn's code was probably the hardest because, since I put the gravity engine the unicorn would only touch the tip of the black with one hoof while the other one was not touching black. When I finally figured out what was going on, I fixed the problem. I thought it was funny because, I one forgot one code in the unicorn's code. It was still kind of glitchy but, at least I had something ^-^. 

10 comments:

  1. Its a really great game and super fun.Maybe it would be good if you added one more ghost to make even harder yo play and add levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the carter and how smooth they move
    It was kind of easy I would suggest making one of the ghouls faster
    I loved how at a certain time the second ghoul came out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your game and how smooth it went!
    I think your game could of been a bit more challenging.
    I also like your backdrop, it goes with the whole "witch theme"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that it is a unicorn jumping on platforms
    I noticed that it kept on going to level two, I'm just guessing your not done
    Love the way the unicorn looks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how your sprites and backdrops were creative!
    Although, I noticed that there were some bugs to fix, it didn't go very smoothly.
    I also love how your sprite is a unicorn and it's not to big either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The arrow keys work smoothly great! But I can't win! It keeps putting me back to the first level, maybe put when touching orb say you win. But anyways great job like the choice of sprites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how the unicorn moves smoothly across the screen.
    Although the orb is kind of to far. if it is a sprite, put it in a better placae then add the "go to X: Y"
    Overall great game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your game is super good but you might want to work on the second level and mke sure you change it into a red circle.So far its super fun and I like how you used a unicorn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great game Miranda, I like how the chase game is very creative. Although, you should consider of making the levels a little more challenging. Overall, it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nano's movements are really smooth, and I love how you took inspiration from your favorite game! I would make the second ghoul hide, or move offscreen, because when the hand sticks out in the beginning, points are lost. Overall, I really like the idea of having a second chaser appear in the middle of the game, very creative!

    ReplyDelete